This is a cute little craft that takes little time at all.
What you’ll need:
- styrofoam meat tray
- white yarn
- large pom-pom
- google eyes
- black pipe cleaner
What you’ll do:
- Clean meat tray thoroughly. (I suppose the original posters weren’t too concerned about salmonella, so I won’t be either.)
- Assemble your spider first, so he has time to dry. Glue little bent pieces of pipe cleaner (four if you want to be anatomically correct) to the bottom of the pom-pom. Glue on the google eyes. Set aside to dry.
- Cut the tray to about 5×5 inches. Cut notches around the tray.
- Secure long piece of yarn to the back of the tray with a piece of tape and weave away!
- When you’ve finished the web (and if your spider is set) glue him onto the web. Or, if you want a more playful creation, don’t glue him on and make him a friend or two to run around the web with!
Big thanks to happy hooligans for the original post. Check out the link to find some adorable pics of kids in action and other ideas to do during the activity.