So, my sister is asking for Play-Doh for my niece for her second birthday. She said that the dough that she has right now just gets dried out so fast. So, in sticking with the general theme of this blog, I figure that I’m pretty sure that we can make a play-dough of sorts. Fortunately, the internet is an AMAZING gift from God (yes, I do truly believe that it can be seen as such). I just happened upon this recipe while browsing around today:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tbs. cream of tarter
- 1 packet unsweetened Kool-Aid (or the knock-off brand)
- 1 tbs. oil
- 1 cup water
What you do:
- In a medium sauce pan, mix your dry ingredients. (flour, salt, cream of tartar, Kool-Aid)
- Then add your liquid ingredients and stir. (Add additional food coloring to make desired color, as needed.)
- Continue to stir over medium heat until dough starts to form a ball.
- Once you get the ball, dump onto a clean surface and let cool for a minute or two.
- Once smooth, take a big sniff and swoon over how good this playdough really smells!
Best part is that it’s non-toxic. (ie: it’s okay if y’all eat it – it’ll smell so good, you might want a taste!)